Once again, the concept of writing is appealing, but it really does take a certain level of dedication and time. The best way to approach it is to treat it as a job and set time aside to do the thing.
Previously, I wrote a four bullet points :
- Why bother? If you’ve thought of it, someone else has already written about it, and probably in more eloquent manner in a more popular format and with better information.
- Will anyone actually read this? I’m just a single voice in a crowd of thousands, nay MILLIONS!!! It is the internet after all.
- Does it matter? In the grand scheme of things, does adding one more bit of trivia or nugget of information out there really benefit humanity. As this guy (https://youtu.be/L4pE-pdhnJw) puts it, NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY! And, quite frankly, PHOTOGRAPHY can be replaced with anything.
- Will it offend anyone? Now, this is a big one for me. I have lots of opinions about things, especially work related. However, I am concerned about the impression of “airing dirty laundry” especially when you realize that despite item number 2, people will search for you and find all those things you posted, especially those negative things when it comes down to decision making for a promotion, new employment and just curious about the new person they met.
And here’s my response :
- Sure, someone may have already written about it, but their particular perspective may differ from mine. In addition, treating this as a journal of sorts will also serve as a means of documenting what peaks my interest at the time and also my take on things at a particular point in time. Opinions change, views change, technology changes.
- Does it really matter? I’m not writing for others, I’m writing for myself. Seems rather selfish really, but ultimately it’s for my own goals and processes.
- Maybe not to you, but see item two above. It’s really about me!
- If I’m truly honest, most likely. My opinions don’t necessarily match those of others, but don’t expect a series of complaints and kvetching sessions. Not really my purpose here. I may pose some question or use this as a means of discussing management practices based on other peoples writing. Maybe consider it a start to gathering management resources and research.
So there’s that, it’s been two weeks, but still a fair sight better than the lapse in writing before. Oh, and expect more pictures!